Was checking my email on my AT&T smartphone when an ad popped up.I hit the "x" to get it off my screen, next thing I saw was a quick view of a "Thank you for ordering" or something to that effect.

It was so fast, I really didn't see exactly what it was. The first chance I got, I checked my bill online and discovered a charge from CoolCellBids for $9.99! I have no idea who this was or what they sold. I immediately called AT&T.

The rep (Brian Moses) was awesome. After explaining what occurred, he reversed the charge and added a free block on my phone. He also told me this company is a monthly subscription service charging $9.99 per month and another pending charge of $19.98 was on the bill for next month!! I was so pissed I had to find somewhere to complain.

It took me seconds to find a complaint on CoolCellBids.

Apparently, this is a sleazy, greedy company that takes advantage of unsuspecting smartphone users.Be wary when you see anything from this company on your phone!!

Had an Experience with CoolCellBids?

Comments

Tucson, Arizona, United States #628501

I also was charged 9.99 for a subscription charge for (CoolCellBids) that I don't know what this is.I filed a refund and cancellation online with AT&T which was approved.

This is ***.

The purchases should be approved by the cell phone provider and the cell phone user before being charged for them.That would avoid the hassle of having to go through this donut roll.